Four years ago, BNP Paribas Securities Services became a triparty agent in order to answer the demand for this type of solution and anticipating opportunities it would unlock in the future.
Our triparty collateral management platform supports clients by combining advanced technologies, a seamless experience and a rich network.
In a triparty setup, the two counterparties appoint one provider as their collateral agent and custodian. The triparty collateral agent then manages the collateral transactions and their lifecycle. Watch our video for more details on the concept of triparty collateral.
Our triparty collateral offer
As a leading custodian, we enable you to connect with a large community of banks, asset owners, asset managers, hedge funds and corporates.
Our solution is fully integrated within the BNP Paribas ecosystem to ease the connection between collateral takers and givers.
By leveraging our services, you can maximise the efficiency of your securities finance transactions (e.g. repo, securities lending) or/and answer regulatory requirements such as Initial Margin transactions.
By using our triparty collateral services you benefit from:
- A highly efficient mobilisation of your assets thanks to our most recent features: simulation module and advanced algorithms
- Greater asset protection through asset segregation and our extensive proprietary custody network
- Streamlined legal framework
- Ability to operate collateral exchange on segregated markets at CSD level
- Increased velocity for your collateral transfers
- Our solution makes the most of our custody locations by directly sourcing all types of collateral (fixed income, equities, cash) from your local or global custody accounts, in order to mobilise it quickly when and where it is needed
Learn more about our triparty collateral solution in the video below: